I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
We're big fans of I Spy. We have I Spy books, we play it while waiting for our food to come in restaurants and, of course, I make my son some games too. This Christmas-themed I Spy is perfect for keeping little ones busy now that school's out.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
For this activity you will need:
Any writing tool – crayon, pencil, etc to record the answer
Below are the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I've found that it's most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don't have the materials needed, don't sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
There are 3 steps to this activity:
Print the I Spy game
Hand it over to your child with a pencil, pen, marker or crayon for them to record their answers.
Decide how you're going to enjoy these few minutes of quiet time 🙂
Looking for more Christmas-themed literacy and math centers? I have just the thing for you! Check out my Christmas Themed Centers – a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Build A Santa Numbers 1-10 – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus
2) Christmas Bake Sale Counting Clipcards – Counting up to 20 with fine motor practice
3) Colorful Christmas Stocking Sorting – 6 color mats with 10 different toys to sort
4) Reindeer and Sleigh Number Match to 10 – Match the respective reindeer and sleigh numbered 1-10 for number recognition practice or use it for counting up to 10 by lining up the correct amount of reindeers
5) Santa Sums to 10 – Print out 2 copies of the special dice, roll and record each one, then use the mat to add them up
6) Santa Pre-writing Tracing Strips – 9 different strips included
7) Santa Rhyming Bingo – Find rhyming words for -at, -am, -ug, -ig and -ap word families on the bingo card. 4 different cards included.
8) Santa's List Pick and Tick Letters – Prepare the letter cards and place them in a bag or sensory bin then practice letter recognition as the child ticks them off Santa's list. Upper and lowercase letters included.
9) Christmas Gift Sight Word Tagging – Match up the sight word-labelled gifts and tags. 40 Pre-primer words included.
10) Elf Alphabet Fine Motor Letter Mats – Form the letter using playdough or other materials you choose then practice writing out the uppercase letters.
It's available on my Teachers Pay Teachers store here.