I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Kids will have so much fun playing these 10 Christmas activities they won’t even realise they’re developing early literacy and math skills! This easy-prep pack of 10 games will have you ready to spread that holiday cheer in no time.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Christmas Themed Activities Setup
For this activity pack you will need:
Playdough or other manipulatives
Clips or wooden pegs
Paperclip to use as spinner or prepared plastic spinners
Writing tools – crayon, pencil, etc
Optional: Plastic links
Optional but recommended: Laminator and dry erase markers for use in a center and increasing durability
Below are some of the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
Printable Christmas Literacy and Math Centers
This pack contains a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Build A Santa Numbers 1-10 – Kids will form their own Santa Claus by matching the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino. This game works on number recognition and subitizing.
2) Christmas Bake Sale Counting Clipcards – This game develops math and fine motor skills at the same time. Kids will count up to 20 while improving finger strength with wooden pegs/clips.
3) Colorful Christmas Stocking Sorting – Children have 6 color mats with 6 sets of 10 different toys to sort into them.
4) Reindeer and Sleigh Number Match to 10 – Print out the sheets and cut into individual cards. Match the respective reindeer and sleigh numbered 1-10 for number recognition practice or use it for counting up to 10 by lining up the correct amount of reindeer.
5) Santa Sums to 10 – Print out 2 copies of the special dice, roll and record each one, then use the mat to add them up.
6) Santa Pre-writing Tracing Strips – There are 9 different strips included. Print them out and cut into individual strips, laminate and then use with a dry erase marker.
7) Santa Rhyming Bingo – Find rhyming words for -at, -am, -ug, -ig and -ap word families on the bingo card. 4 different bingo cards included if you would like to use them in small groups.
8) Santa’s List Pick and Tick Letters – Prepare the letter cards and place them in a bag or sensory bin then practice letter recognition as the child ticks them off Santa’s list. Upper and lowercase letters included.
9) Christmas Gift Sight Word Tagging – Kids will need to match up the sight word-labelled gifts and tags. There are 40 pre-primer words included.
10) Elf Alphabet Fine Motor Letter Mats – In this game, kids will form the letter using playdough or other materials you choose then practice writing out the uppercase letters.