I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Looking for a new fall-themed math center? In this game, your child will count and compare the groups of acorns to help the squirrel chose the bigger one.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
For this activity you will need:
Optional: Small manipulatives for counting
Below are the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I've found that it's most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don't have the materials needed, don't sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Print out the game and cut up into individual strips. Prepare the squirrel tokens holding the math signs: greater than, lesser than and equals.
Once your child is familiar with what the math signs mean, ask them to choose a strip and count each group of acorns. Small manipulatives can be given to help with this if you prefer.
They will then choose the correct squirrel token to place in the center of the strip that makes the equation correct.
My Fall Leaves and Acorns Themed Centers is a variety pack of 10 games focused on early literacy, math and fine motor skills.
These are the games included:
1) Acorn Beginning Sound Clip Cards – choose the correct first letter of the object shown
2) Acorn Alphabet Match – match the top (lowercase letter) and bottom (uppercase letter) of the acorns correctly
3) Acorn Pre Primer Sight Words Cards – includes 24 of the first 40 pre primer sight words. Choose from matching uppercase only, lowercase only or uppercase to lowercase.
4) Acorn Shape Tracing Mats – Draw out the different shapes or fill in the shape with playdough or some other small manipulative.
5) Fall Leaves Count and Match to 10 – match the numbers of leaves on the tree to the card
6) Fall Leaves Patterns – 3 different levels included ABAB, AABAAB, ABCABC
7) Fall Leaves Alphabet Sort – child will sort letter cards into upper or lowercase
8) Acorn Shape Matching Clip Cards – choose the correct shape that is shown on the acorn
9) Fall Leaves Number Fun 1-10 Sheets – trace, write, and form the number then count and color in the ten frame.
10) Acorn Tracing Lines – 4 different line shapes for fine motor practice.