I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Looking for a fun way to gets kids eating more fruits and vegetables? This pack includes 10 deliciously fun activities that will improve early literacy and math skills in preschoolers and kindergarteners. Healthy eating habits are strengthened when kids are exposed to more themed activities like these.
Fruits and Vegetables Themed Activities Setup
For this activity pack you will need:
Playdough or other manipulatives
Clips or wooden pegs
Writing tools – crayon, pencil, etc
Optional but recommended: Laminator and dry erase markers for use in a center and increasing durability
Below are some of the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
Printable Fruits and Vegetables Literacy and Math Centers
This pack contains a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Coconut Read It, Write It, Make It Mats – The mat can be laminated and you can write any word you choose on it. I have also included 40 pre-primer sight words that you can use.
2) Lemon Letter Writing Strips – uppercase letters included.
3) Peas and Carrots Alphabet Matching – 2 piece puzzles can be used on its own, in a sensory tub or as an alphabet hunt around the room.
4) Picnic Basket Syllable Sorting – 24 picture cards included that need to be sorted into 1, 2 or 3 syllables
5) Pineapple Pick and Cover Letters – Pick up a letter card and find it on the pineapple themed mat. Continue playing until all letters have been covered.
6) Watermelon Counting Clip Cards – Kids will work on counting up to 20 as well as improve their fine motor skills in this game.
7) Fruit and Vegetable Simple Sums to 10 – Set of 12 addition cards and another set of 12 subtraction cards included with a recording sheet.
8) Fruit and Vegetable Color Clip Cards – Use a wooden peg or clothespin to match the color of the fruit or vegetable shown
9) Fruit and Vegetable Measurement Cards – Set of 12 picture cards included with recording sheet