I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
This pack of 10 literacy and math centers is based on popular Nursery Rhymes. Kids will love learning the songs and then doing a hands-on activity based on it. Humpty Dumpty, Hey Diddle Diddle, Jack and Jill, Little Miss Muffet, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Incy Wincy Spider and more are included.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Nursery Rhymes Themed Activities Setup
For this activity pack you will need:
Dice and small tokens
Writing and coloring tools – crayon, pencil, etc
Optional but recommended: Laminator and dry erase markers for use in a center and increasing durability
Below are some of the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I've found that it's most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don't have the materials needed, don't sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Printable Nursery Rhymes Literacy and Math Centers
This pack contains a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Humpty Dumpty Roll and Cover Numbers – 2 playing mats included for use with 1 or 2 dice
2) Hey Diddle Diddle Number Puzzle Strips – Work on number order for 1-10, 11-20 and counting by 2s.
3) Sequencing Mats for 9 Rhymes – The 9 rhymes included in this pack come with 1 sequencing mat each where kids will be able to put 5 different pictures in order.
4) Jack and Jill Water Pail Number Match – Practice counting and number recognition with this game.
5) Baa Baa Baa Black Sheep Color Match – Flip 2 cards over at a time trying to find the same color pair of sheep until all sheep have been matched up.
6) Little Miss Muffet Tracing Lines – 15 different patterns to trace as the spider makes its way down to Little Miss Muffet.
7) Incy Wincy Spider Alphabet Match – Pair up the upper and lowercase letters bringing together the water pipe and the sun.
8) Little Boy Blue Alphabet Haystack Hunt – Print out the haystack letter cards and hide the Little Boy Blue card behind one of them. Kids will love shouting out the letters as they try to find him ‘under the haystack'.
9) Pat-A-Cake Alphabet Decorating – Use these mats to do some Q-tip painting or pin pushing to work on fine motor skills as well as literacy.
10) 1,2,3,4,5, Fishing For Sight Words – Set up these sight words cards in a sensory bin for kids to ‘fish' out or they could also fish out the letters to form the sight word on the card.